The Nightmare Affair - Mindee Arnett

This review is also on Living for the Books

I don't think I've had that much fun reading a book in a long time. Such a refreshing read in a sea of YA books.

The whole concept of Nightmares was something that immediately caught my eye. I got completely caught up in the world that Mindee Arnett created. Especially the mystery.

More often then not, I can predict the ending of books. I love solving mysteries so as I was reading I was trying my hardest to piece together the clues and make a list of suspects in my mind (because that's just something I do). I thought I had it all figured out but then the ending happened and...bam! I was wrong! Well half wrong or half right. I love it when I'm wrong and books aren't predictable.

The cast of characters were very likeable except it took me awhile to warm up to Eli. He was such a jerk but eventually I realized that he wasn't so bad and that he actually was a nice guy. Dusty was such a hilarious main character. I found myself laughing at the things she said. I loved her sarcasm and attitude. Her friend Selene was also great. I loved how she wanted to stand up for sirens and how she wanted to change the siren stereotype.

There was a love triangle, but honestly I didn't really mind it too much. Dusty meets Paul, this really sweet guy about halfway through and they start dating, but he just rubbed me the wrong way for the entire book. The other part of the love triangle was Eli, but nothing really happened to them for most of the book because Dusty and Eli were both dating different people, but it was obvious that there was something between them.

The end was so intense and I really hope that this is part of a series because I need the next book!

*I received this book via Netgalley. Thank you!