Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

This review is also on Living for the Books

As a fairytale and Disney obsessed girl I just had to read Scarlet. I read Cinder last year and I wasn't as taken by it as some other readers, but I did really enjoy it. Just not as much as everyone else seemed to. My main reason for not loving Cinder was because it was way too predictable for my taste. I loved Scarlet so much more because for once I didn't predict the ending!

I'll be honest. Going into this book I was a little worried about how Cinder's story would connect to Scarlet's but I think the alternating point of views fit perfectly. Out of all the characters Scarlet was definitely my favorite. She just had this spark from the beginning that Cinder didn't really have until the end of Cinder. I loved Wolf. I can't even explain how much I love him. I'm surprised it didn't even bother me that Scarlet and Wolf knew each other for only a day or two. Probably because a day seemed so much longer since so much happened in such a short amount of time.

I thought that Scarlet's story was more interesting that Cinder's (probably because I didn't predict the ending on page 44 like I did in Cinder. True fact). I mean Cinder's story was interesting but I just enjoyed Scarlet's so much more. It might have something to do with the fact that I really like the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale and I was never a huge fan of Cinderella (I liked it but it was not my favorite Disney movie. That spot belongs to Aladdin and The Little Mermaid).

By the end of the book I wanted to cry and scream because I can't believe what Kai did! How could you Kai? But I also wanted to sigh and go awwwww because I love Wolf.

Scarlet was very fast paced and it was never boring or seemed to drag. I never wanted to put the book down. I never wanted it to end. I need the next one!