Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book. It just looked so interesting that I had to pick it up but I'll be honest and say that I almost didn't finish this. And I always finish books.

Anyway...

You see no matter how much I tried I just couldn't like Anna. I literally hated this character. She was such a goody goody that it got on my nerves. And she said/thought the strangest things.

"Kai, like Thai, only yummier. Gah! Who was this girl invading my brain?"
I could not stop laughing. Who thinks those kind of things?

Oh and then there was her comment about her beauty mark.
"Why did people call it that? A freckle was not beautiful. It was a small, dark attention grabber. I hated the way everyone's eyes went to it when they talked to me."
Well you know what Anna I have five beauty marks on my face and a few freckles from the sun. Never once did I think this and I've never noticed people starting at them. Oh and guess what I have one right by my lips like you do and I don't complain about it and I don't try to cover it up either. I was offended by this. I almost threw the book across the room after reading that. Maybe I was overreacting but it still offended me.

Anna would also just break down crying over nothing. Half the time I had no idea what she was crying over. She was like a three year old! Oh she told one lie and right after it she told the people she was lying. You don't do that.

I also can't really figure out her obsession with hott Kaidan or why he likes her. During the book they make out a few times and then Kaidan goes to "work". That was just weird. Kaidan has no doubt been with too many girls to count and yet Anna is ok with this. She's somewhat ok with him going to "work" too.

Then Patti her overprotective stepmother lets her go on a road trip with the son of the Duke of Lust. What? What happened to this overprotective parent? Then Patti has to say one of the strangest things I've ever read.

"Hands off, mister."
I couldn't take Patti seriously after that.

After the road trip Anna would constantly be thinking about how Kaidan and her couldn't be together even thought she loved him. She was depressed and I didn't want to read about that. That isn't interesting to me. Oh and even after Kaidan is a complete jerk to Anna she still says she loves him and wants to be with him.

The only good part about this book was the New Year's party she went to. That was awesome. Is it wrong to like a character better when they're drunk? Drunk Anna and working Anna was so much better than obsessive-stalker-heartbroken-goody-goody Anna.