The Infinite Sea (5th Wave) - Rick Yancey

Unfortunately I'm pretty disappointed by  this book, especially after the awesomeness of the first book. It isn't awful, but it also isn't what I was hoping for.

I have discovered that I can't stand Cassie's point of view. I remember liking in in the previous book, but in this one I always got extremely bored and sometimes uncomfortable while reading from her points of view. For a good portion of the book Cassie constantly insists that Evan will find her and that he's not dead, even though there's mounting evidence pointing to his death. She refuses to accept that he's dead and maybe that wouldn't be so bad if I actually liked their relationship. Even in the first book their relationship bugged me. To me Evan feels like a creeper and to be honest I like Ben and Cassie way more than Evan and Cassie because Ben's relationship with Cassie actually develops, while there wasn't much development with her relationship with Evan.

The thing that bothered me the most about Cassie was how she talked about Grace. She doesn't know anything about her and she immediately dislikes her because she's extremely attractive and she used to be with Evan before he knew Cassie. It bugged me so much because Cassie has absolutely no right to say anything derogatory about this person that she doesn't even know.

The character that saved the book is definitely Ringer. I absolutely love her point of view and I am really glad that her story became more important in this book. I also love that the book went more in depth into Poundcake's tragic past and uncovers the reason for why he doesn't talk.

Overall this book isn't what I was hoping for, but I will probably end up reading the next one anyway.